Monday, March 23, 2015

Shredding and Pulling

I've started two little self-improvement projects: Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred and the fabulously trendy "oil pulling." I've completed JM's 30 Day Shred before and it is a huge kick in the ass. No matter how many times I've done it - the first few days are always an adjustment. Despite all the controversy surrounding The Biggest Loser, a show of which I've never really been a fan, I love JM's workout. It's straight to the point, and at only 20 minutes it doesn't infringe on my day at all.

The other little health gem I stumbled upon is "oil pulling." I read about it on Lauren Conrad's blog. This is also where I originally heard about the benefit about using coconut oil in my hair to keep it healthy and hydrated. I use a tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil and swish it around in my mouth while I shower. I've been doing this for about a week. I'm not sure if I necessarily feel the detoxifying effects yet, but my teeth are noticeably whiter, which alone is worth it. I'll be sure to let y'all know how it goes. Below are the links to the LC blog article and the workout. Enjoy!

http://laurenconrad.com/blog/2014/05/healthy-habits-what-is-oil-pulling/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8        

No comments:

Post a Comment